You haven’t been feeling your best lately. You are more tired than usual. You haven’t been sleeping well and you have been waking up in the night at the same time. Your digestion doesn’t feel right and you have been noticing some food intolerances and bloating. You are really not sure what is going on, but you know something isn’t right…
You may have been to the doctor; they have run some blood work and the results come back normal. The doctor tells you there is nothing wrong but come back in 2 weeks if the symptoms are still there.
Does this sound familiar?
This experience is common. Why is it that lab tests from the doctor come back normal despite knowing that you don’t feel 100%? It is because conventional lab ranges encompass 90% of the population including those with disease states. As the general population gets sicker and unhealthier, lab ranges get wider.
That is why we love the functional testing we do in clinic and we find Gut microbiome is often the missing piece of a very big puzzle. It can often be the key to addressing your symptoms and can help you achieve optimum health.
In our clinic we use GI Map Testing with great success. We believe it is the gold standard for gut testing.
Who is the GI Map Test for?
- The test is ideal for those suffering from digestive issues, such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, acid reflux, pain in the stomach, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Hormonal Imbalances – works in measuring the amount of beta-glucuronidase in your body, which can affect the detoxification of oestrogen.
- Mood Disorders including anxiety, depression – the gut can strongly influence your brain. There is more and more research out to confirm this.
- Autoimmune conditions and chronic ailments – extensive immune and digestive markers for Rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, MS, Fibromyalgia and inflammatory conditions
- Skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis etc
It can be used from 12 months of age, right up to people in their 80’s, you are never too young or too old to optimise your digestion.
Benefits of the G.I Map Test/ What makes GI Map Testing different?
What’s good about this stool test is that it works by screening the body for commensal and pathogenic bacteria, parasites, fungi, opportunistic pathogens, and viruses – all of which have a negative impact on your body and overall health.
Also, the GI Map test is something that you can do at home just by getting the test kit shipped straight to you with Heart2Heart Nutrition.
The GI Map test is more comprehensive than other stool tests as it really performs a deep scrutiny of the problem. Having done many stool tests over the years, we have found this one has picked up a lot more for clients. In fact, we are yet to see a perfect GI Map test!
It is different than other stool tests as it uses a multiplex and automated PCR analysis technique, which makes it possible to measure multiple viruses, parasites, fungi, and bacteria simultaneously with just one stool sample.
Another thing that is unique is its ability to do the DNA sequencing process with expertise. That means it identifies the micro-organism’s DNA, so if it’s located in your gut, it will be reflected in the test.
What does the G.I Map Test assess?
Aside from testing for opportunistic organisms, GI pathogens, and normal flora, it also aims to examine all markers relevant to GI health, such as:
Calprotectin – a measure of inflammation in the gut
Pancreatic elastase – enzyme activity. How good your enzyme levels are digest macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, fats)
Secretory IgA – First line of defense of the gut. Helps detect food intolerances
Zonulin – a marker of leaky gut (intestinal permeability)
B-glucaronidase – a measure of re-circulating toxins between the gut and the liver. Marker of estrogen clearance (mentioned above).
Steatocrit – measure of fat absorption
Gliadin IgA – a measure of gluten intolerance
The GI Map test also lists many pathogenic, opportunistic and beneficial bacteria (balance between good and bad), as well as parasites, H.Pylori, candida and worms. The full comprehensive list is shown in the sample report below.
(Copyright Nutripath Labs Australia)
What’s Next – How to order your G.I Map Test?
The G.I Map Test is one of the most effective stool tests available today. It does a qualitative and quantitative analysis of various factors and markers, which therefore provides evidence-based, clear and transparent results. You can expect to identify the proper treatment approach for several metabolic, autoimmune, cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases, and other forms of chronic ailments.
- The GI Map test kit can be shipped anywhere in Australia
- Book your initial consultation in person or online here
- Following your initial consultation, a test kit will be ordered to be sent to your home. After completing the paperwork and sample, pop it in the express post envelope provided. Samples should be sent to the laboratory for analysis Monday-Thursday.
- Test results will take approximately 3 weeks.
- At this time, a follow up consultation will be conducted based on results. A detailed protocol including dietary modifications and treatment plan based on your specific results will be provided.
Is it time to get some answers to your gut health. Book in for a GI Mapping Test Today!
Not sure if this is the right Functional Test for you? Click HERE to book your FREE Discovery call today to find out how Hear2Heart Nutrition can help you.