About Rebecca Buhlman
I look forward to helping you have
a healthy balanced life.
Hi, I’m Rebecca Buhlman
Growing up on a farm on the NSW North Coast was the beginning of my love of health and wellness.
I relocated to Sydney to start my corporate career and completed a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) part-time whilst working full-time. Fast-paced city life, working long hours, gym visits most days and a relentless social calendar became the norm leaving little time for self-care.
Over time I started to suffer fatigue and extreme tiredness. Although never formally diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) I wanted to understand the underlying cause of how I was feeling. This led me to do more research to understand how the body works on a functional level.
At the time I was experiencing:
- Chronic fatigue:Extreme energy slumps and feeling shattered after exercise (but pushing through)
- PMS and hormonal issues: This prompted my first use of natural medicine. The success dealing with this symptom kick-started my study of Nutrition and later to apply successfully for a role with Metagenics (a leading Nutrition Company)
- Sugar cravings and food intolerances: Feeling like a fraud I was studying Nutrition and eating chocolate EVERY night. Hello insulin resistance.
- Disrupted sleep and periods of insomnia: From partying hard and not looking after my liver, thyroid symptoms developed, my cortisol fluctuated.
- Weight creeping on: Regardless of relatively clean eating and excessive exercise my adrenals were being ‘smashed’ from always being in fight/flight.
- Constipation: From eating mostly ketogenic and not providing my body with any fibre or prebiotic sources to look after the diversity of my gut flora
I knew something needed to change!
My sister, Rachel, and I constantly talked about nutrition and the latest research. We were curious to understand how we could fuel our bodies to have maximum energy and deal with all of these symptoms – this led to us both to start studying nutrition.
Over the years Rachel and I have seen lot of Practitioners searching for answers; Integrated GP’s, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Acupuncturists and Kinesiologists among others. In hindsight, this ultimately has shaped how we practice today.
It was on this path we realised that all the systems in our body are interconnected and we identified 5 Pillars to Optimal Health.
We use these 5 Pillars to help clients achieve their long desired health goals.
Rachel and I enjoy working together as we have a mutual love of biochemistry and analysing Hair Mineral Tissue Analysis (HTMA) results. We thrive off each other’s passion and knowledge and have spent the last few years learning as much as we can in our niche area of mineral balancing and also incorporating our 5 Pillars that draws all our knowledge together.
I am confident I can empower you to take back control of your health; be proactive and preventative by providing easy digestible steps that can make significant changes to your health, diet and lifestyle.
I have been on this healing journey for quite some time and through my personal experience and formal Nutrition qualifications I can relate to what my clients are going through. My search for answers has left no stone unturned.
I practice from a functional perspective, finding the root cause of underlying symptoms. I am a strong on the interpretation of Functional Testing and carefully choose relevant to what is presenting for a client.
It truly makes my heart sing to work with clients and their families to set goals and develop a plan that will support individuals to live their best life.
The reason I am here to help people regain health so they can life their best life with vitality is because I have had the support and guidance with my own health issues. I want to share my experience, passion and knowledge and don’t want anyone to waste any more time seeking answers.
It’s my mission to find solutions for every client and to empower them to ease into lifestyle changes and address any nutritional deficiencies, imbalances and toxicities to give them back control of their health so they have energy NOW to make the most of life’s opportunities and glow with health and vitality.
I look forward to seeing you in the clinic very soon.